The Licinii gardens belonged to the emperor Gallian (253-268) and the latter took the habit to move there his court during summers. At the bottom of the picture, the palace of Licinii.





















Here then the Nymphea of Licinii . It is the only building a large part of which is still standing today even if it partially collapsed in 1828 (and then got damaged by the construction of the railway line to Stazione Termini). With a very original plan, its cupola is 33 meters high. On each side semi circular niches were opened. It was probably a luxurious pavilion covered with marble. It is today better known as "temple of Minerva Medica" .
Extrait vidéo